No homeowner wants to deal with dysfunctional plumbing when it can cost thousands in repairs. Check out the signs of a broken sewer pipe & ways to avoid it.
Sewer lines are an essential component of your plumbing system, as each drain in your home leads to the sewer line. Most major plumbing problems usually happen on the mainline, and it’s best to avoid them as much as possible. Damaged sewer construction lines can result in bathrooms flooded with sewage, busted pipes, and costly repairs.
Signs Of A Broken Sewer Pipe
- Slow Drains: Showers, tubs, and other drains that take longer than usual to empty could be a sign of a broken sewer line. If other drains in the home are also emptying slowly, it increases the likelihood of a broken sewer construction pipe. When the slow drainage is limited to one sink or shower drain, you can probably resolve the problem by clearing debris from the drain by removing the drain cover and pulling out any visible hair and other residues.
- Sewage backup and blockages. Sewage backups can happen now and then, but if sewage backs up every time you flush the toilet, the problem could be your main sewer line. All your home’s drains rely on the main sewer line to drain efficiently. If you start experiencing blockages in more than one drain, it’s an issue with your main sewer line.
- Foul odours. Intact, the main sewer line should be airtight, meaning no odours should escape the pipes. Broken or clogged sewer lines are often the cause of some of the most horrible smells to enter your home. If the scent of rotten eggs and sewage starts leaking out of your drains, it’s time to call a plumber.
- Foundation Cracks: Most homes constructed today are built on top of concrete slabs, through which various plumbing and sewer construction lines must pass. Broken sewer lines left untreated over time can lead to cracks in your home’s foundation, a set foundation, or even sinkholes.
- Soggy Yards: Another sign of a broken sewer pipe is any damp or blocked areas of your lawn located above your sewer line. Sections of your garden adjacent to sewer lines that are greener and lusher than the rest of the yard interrogated as well.
Plumbing problems can be an inconvenience and disruption to your home and daily routine. Call a professional sewer construction technician today! We offer any sewer pipe repair, sewer line replacement, or any of our other five-star rated plumbing services.